A World Awaits for UK Exporters
Key exporting opportunities for Britain's small and medium enterprises...
There are opportunities for UK exporters in all corners of the world. They include:
- Brazil – The value of UK goods exported to Brazil grew by 24 per cent to £2.2 billion in 2010.
- China – China has become the UK’s ninth largest goods export market and British export activity there rose by 418 per cent from 2000-2010.
- France – The UK’s fourth-biggest export market.
- India – UK exports to India grew 45 per cent between 2005 and 2010.
- Ireland – Widely considered the ‘easiest’ overseas market for UK exporters, who sold goods worth £17 billion there in 2010.
- Mexico – UK goods exports to Mexico increased by £207 million in 2010. 24 per cent of internationalised UK firms said that they are already doing business here or are ‘very’ or ‘quite’ likely to do so in the next two years.
- Russia – Around £3.6 billion of UK goods were exported here in 2010.
- Saudi Arabia and UAE – Popular emerging markets with nearly a quarter of internationalised UK firms already doing business here
- South Africa – A popular emerging market, with 45 per cent of firms involved in or considering export activity either there already or with some likelihood of entering in the next two years.
- US – The UK’s number-one export market, with around £38 billion of UK goods exported here in 2010
“International trade is more important than ever and exploiting the opportunities of fast-growing markets in Asia and Latin America is vital to the UK’s economic future. The difficulties and risks of operating in these fast-changing markets are less than the risk of not participating in their growth”
Miles Templeman, Director General, Institute of Directors (IoD)
Top 20 Goods Export Markets for UK Companies