home contents insurance

Home Contents

What is Covered? A contents policy covers just about everything you would take with you if you moved. Furniture, furnishings, household goods, kitchen equipment, food and drink, televisions, video, computer and audio equipment, clothing, personal effects, and valuables up to stated limits. Boats, caravans and motor vehicles are usually insured separately. “Risks” Most policies cover loss or damage to your possessions, while in your home, by: Fire Theft Lightning Escape of water from tanks, pipes, washing machines or dishwashers Leaking oil from heating systems Storm Flood Subsidence Heave or landslip Falling trees, aerials or satellite dishes Riot or malicious acts Explosion Earthquake Impact by aircraft, vehicles or animals Many policies include accidental breakage of mirrors,... »