Importing Cars

Vehicle Registration and Van

Your local Vehicle Registration office will provide you with the forms you need to import your car. It’s worth obtaining them well in advance as there’s a lot of paperwork involved. You’ll also need to phone your dealer for some of the information, such as the chassis number.

  • VAT413A – this form is for the VAT, and is forwarded by the VRO to Customs and Excise on your behalf. You’ll receive the VAT invoice about 2 weeks later.
  • V55/5. This form must be completed directly you return to the UK and taken to the VRO with:
  • Certificate of Newness (supplied by dealer)
  • Certificate of Conformity (supplied by dealer)
  • Temporary registration plates (supplied by dealer)
  • Temporary registration documents (supplied by dealer)
  • Temporary insurance certificate (supplied by dealer or yourself)
  • British insurance certificate
  • Bill of sale/invoice (supplied by dealer)
  • Ferry/tunnel ticket
  • Registration fee £25
  • Road tax fee £155
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>