Tendering for Government Contracts

We look at where small businesses can find opportunities in the public sector and how to go after them...

Tendering for Government Contracts


If you feel that the Government Procurement Code of Good Practice was not followed during a procurement exercise, you can make a formal complaint to OGC, who will investigate. Once you have signed a contract, if you need to complain you should refer to OGC‘s Dispute Resolution Guidance.

Anyone who has supplied a tender can take action in the High Court (in Scotland the Court of Session) if they have been harmed, or are at risk of harm, by the public sector breaking the EC procurement directives (because the directives have been included in UK law as a number of regulations).

Guidance on sorting out disputes

OGC‘s Dispute Resolution Guidance gives a summary of your main options if you are in dispute with your customer.

Useful publications and information

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>