Employed or self-employed?

Further information

The HMRC produce a wide range of leaflets. Some have been mentioned which you might find useful are

  • IR148 Are your workers employed or self-employed?
  • CA25 National Insurance for agencies and people finding work through agencies
  • CA26 National Insurance for examiners, moderators and invigilators, lecturers, teachers and instructors
  • COP1 Putting things right. How to complain.

Their leaflets are available at www.hmrc.gov.uk and from any HMRC Enquiry Centre. Most are open to the public from 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. Addresses are in your local phone book under ‘HMRC’ and at www.hmrc.gov.uk/local

You can get many leaflets from their Orderline by

  • phone or textphone (for Minicom users) on 0845 9000 404 from 8.00am to 10.00pm, every day except Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day
  • fax on 0845 9000 604
  • completing the on-line order form at www.hmrc.gov.uk/contactus/staustellform.htm
  • writing to
    PO Box 37
    St Austell
    PL25 5YN.

Orderline calls are charged at local rates.

Your library or Citizens Advice Bureau may also have copies of some of our leaflets, but may not have them all.

These notes are for guidance only and reflect the position at the time of writing. They do not affect any right of appeal.

© Crown Copyright.
1 2 3 4 5 6

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>