Statutory Sick Pay Guide for Employers (2011-2012)
Including Statutory Sick Pay rates and tables.
Use from 6 April 2011 to 5 April 2012
Help and guidance
Help and guidance is available from the following sources.
For more information about online services go to www.hmrc.gov.uk/online
For help using HMRC’s online services contact the Online Service Helpdesk by:
- email email@example.com or
- phone 0845 60 55 999.
Basic PAYE Tools (formerly the Employer CD-ROM)
The Basic PAYE Tools contains a number of calculators and most of the forms you will need to help you run your payroll throughout the year including:
- a P11 Calculator that will work out and record your employee’s tax, NICs and Student Loan deductions every payday, with a linked P32 Employer Payment Record that works out what you need to pay HMRC
- a range of other calculators to work out Student Loan deductions and statutory payments and a learning zone to help you understand these and other payroll topics
- an employer database to record your employees’ details
- interactive forms such as the P11D Working Sheets.
If you use the P11 Calculator in the Basic PAYE Tools you can:
- file your starter and leaver information P45 (Part 1), P45 (Part 3), P46 and P46 (Expat) online
- file your Employer Annual Return online if you have up to and including nine employees on the P11 Calculator at 5 April.
To download the Basic PAYE Tools, go to www.businesslink.gov.uk/basicpayetools
- Employer for less than 3 years, phone 0845 60 70 143.
- Employer for more than 3 years, phone 08457 143 143.
- If you have a hearing or speech impairment and use a textphone, phone 0845 602 1380 (you need specialist equipment such as Minicom to use this service).
Employer helpbooks and forms
Helpbooks and forms are available to download. Go to www.businesslink.gov.uk/payeformsandpublications
Exceptionally, if you don’t have access to the Internet, copies are available from the Employer Orderline on 08457 646 646.
Yr laith Gymraeg
I lawrlwytho ffurlenni a llyfrynnau cymorth Cymraeg, ewch i www.hmrc.gov.uk/cymraeg/employers/emp-pack.htm
Os, yn eithriadol, nad oes gennych gysylltiad i’r rhyngrwyd, ffoniwch 0845 302 1489 er mwyn archebu ffurflenni a llyfrynnau cymorth Cymraeg.
Forms and guidance in Braille, large print and audio
For details of employer forms and guidance in Braille, large print or audio, phone the Employer Orderline on 08457 646 646 and ask to speak to the Customer Service Team.
HMRC offer free workshops covering all payroll topics.
These workshops are available at locations nationwide. For more information:
- go to www.hmrc.gov.uk/bst or
- phone the HMRC Advice Team on 0845 603 2691.
Employer Bulletin online
Information and news for employers, published several times a year.
Employer email alerts
We strongly recommend that you register to receive employer emails to prompt and direct you to:
- each new edition or news about the Basic PAYE Tools
- the Employer Bulletin
- important new information.
To register, go to www.businesslink.gov.uk/hmrcemployeremailalerts
Your HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) office
Your own HMRC office can also help you if you have a query about your PAYE scheme. All HMRC’s office contact details are on their website. Go to www.hmrc.gov.uk/local/employers/index.htm
Please tell the HMRC your employer reference when you contact them. You will find it on correspondence from your HMRC office.
Your rights and obligations
Your Charter explains what you can expect from HMRC and what HMRC expect from you.
Statutory Sick Pay Guide © Crown Copyright 2011