Record and report an accident, incident or near miss

Keeping records of accidents for social security purposes

If you own or occupy:

  • a factory or works or premises where the Factories Act 1961 applies
  • any other premises in which (or around which) you employ ten or more people at a time

You must provide an accident book in which employees, or people acting on their behalf, can enter details of accidents leading to injury.

Buy a Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) approved HSE version of the accident book (BI510) from the HSE Books website.

If you use an accident aook, it is recommended that you buy one that complies with the Data Protection Act 1998.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>