Record and report an accident, incident or near miss

How to report a disease

If a doctor tells you in writing that you or one of your employees is suffering from a reportable work-related disease, you must send a completed disease report form F2508A to the relevant enforcing authority without delay.

You can complete form F2508A at the Incident Contact Centre on the HSE website, or you can buy a pad of forms from HSE books and send the report in by post.

Reportable diseases include:

  • certain poisonings
  • some skin diseases such as occupational dermatitis, skin cancer, chrome ulcer, oil foliculitis
  • lung diseases including, occupational asthma, farmer’s lung, pneumoconiosis
  • infections such as leptospirosis, hepatitis, tuberculosis, anthrax, legionnellosis, and tetanus
  • other conditions such as occupational cancer, certain musculoskeletal disorders, decompression illness, and hand-arm vibration syndrome
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>