Record and report an accident, incident or near miss

How to report an over three-day injury

If an employee or a self-employed person working on your premises suffers an over three-day injury after an accident at work, you must send a completed accident report form (F2508) to the relevant enforcing authority within ten days.

An over three-day injury is one which is not major, but which results in the injured person being away from work or unable to do the full range of their normal duties for more than three days.

This excludes the day of the accident, but includes any days they would not normally have worked, such as weekends and bank holidays.

You can complete form F2508 at the Incident Contact Centre or HSE websites, or you can complete a hard copy – buy a pad of forms from HSE Books and send the report in by post.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>