Record and report an accident, incident or near miss

How to report a death or major injury

You must report some accidents without delay, ie by telephone, and send in a completed accident form (F2508) within ten days. This applies if:

  • your employee or a self-employed person working on your premises is killed or suffers a major injury
  • a member of the public is killed or is injured and taken to hospital

You can complete form F2508 at the Incident Contact Centre on the HSE website, or buy a pad of forms from HSE books and send the report in by post.

Download a list of reportable major injuries from the HSE website (PDF).

Businesses in Northern Ireland should report to the Health and Safety Executive Northern Ireland (HSENI).

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>