Record and report an accident, incident or near miss

Who to make the report to?

You must report accidents at work to the relevant enforcing authority. There are two ways of doing this. You can:

  • report to the Incident Contact Centre
  • report directly to your relevant enforcing authority

Reporting to the Incident Contact Centre

You can make your report to the Incident Contact Centre in a number of ways:

  • by telephone on Tel: 0845 300 9923
  • by fax on Tel: 0845 300 9924
  • by email at riddor@natbrit.com
  • by post to Incident Contact Centre, Caerphilly Business Park, Caerphilly CF83 3GG

Reporting directly to your enforcing authority

You can make your report direct to your enforcing authority:

  • by telephone to your local HSE office or local authority
  • by post

Who is my enforcing authority

If you employ people, you will have registered your business with the relevant enforcing authority, (for further information see our guide on how to register for health and safety). This will be either the HSE or your local authority, depending on the business that you are in.

If you are unsure who your enforcing authority is, telephone the HSE Infoline or your nearest HSE local office for advice.

Businesses in Northern Ireland should report to the Health and Safety Executive Northern Ireland (HSENI).

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>