Motoring – Ten Tips for Greener Fleet Management
There are a lot of ways for making your fleet greener. Not only is this better for the environment, but cost effective for you as a business.
It’s all about the bigger picture for businesses today. Commitment to your social and environmental impact is more important than ever. Through greener fleet management, you can be kinder to the environment, earn brownie points for “doing your bit” and make savings that ultimately improve your bottom line.
Below are our top ten tips to a greener way of managing your fleet.
- Promote cars with low CO2 emissions to reduce employee car tax and National Insurance.
- Evaluate alternative fuel cars to see if they might benefit your fleet.
- Ensure vehicles are regularly serviced – poorly maintained vehicles have higher toxic emissions and fuel consumption.
- Identify opportunities to reduce mileage by recording and analysing business travel.
- Record and analyse individual fuel consumption to encourage fuel efficient driving.
- Promote safe, economic and environmentally friendly driver training.
- Ensure mileage reimbursement rates are environmentally sensitive and do not encourage drivers to make excessive journeys.
- Provide access to web sites and route planners to minimise vehicle mileage.
- Promote satellite navigation and telematics to help drivers avoid congestion and use the most efficient route to reach their destination.
- Review arrangements for tele/video conferencing as an alternative to business travel.
Helpline: 0845 602 1425