ISO 9001: Ensuring a New Employee Quickly Becomes Effective
If your business has a manual describing how the business functions, you could ask him to read it. However, it would have to be extremely comprehensive and would be difficult to keep up-to date, due to the constantly evolving nature of almost every enterprise. Furthermore, creating such a document purely to solve this one problem could never be economically justifiable.
By contrast, setting up a quality management system would produce such documentation and, in addition, would:-
- Ensure every employee and subcontractor knows what his job is;
- Ensure every employee and subcontractor could look up how to do another’s job and what training he might need should the need arise;
- Provide a mechanism to control training of personnel to prevent skill shortages and provide career paths, thereby enhancing motivation;
- By having a hierarchy of documentation, cut document updating to a minimum;
- Through having full record control, enable tracing of every transaction and operation;
- Through quality auditing, enable re-working and other failures to be kept to a minimum;
- Ensure supplier quality and other key performance indicators, such as customer satisfaction, are monitored;
- Empower continuous improvement, thereby boosting profitability;
- Enable your business to obtain ISO 9001:2008 certification by an internationally recognised authority – a major sales advantage.
This is the sort of virtuous circle that gives massive competitive advantage.
Why not see what would be involved in setting up a quality management system to ISO 9001:2008 in your business? Visit http://www.SmartQMS.co.uk to see the full range of options, from self-building using a computerised tool, through to use of full consultancy.