Individual Savings Accounts (ISAs)

Can I have an ISA?

To open an ISA you have to be aged 18 or over or for cash ISAs aged 16 or over. You also have to be resident and ordinarily resident in the UK for tax purposes (ask your HMRC office if you are in any doubt about this).

Crown employees, such as diplomats or members of the armed forces, who are working overseas and paid by the Government are eligible to open an ISA. The spouse of one of these people can also open an ISA. You cannot hold an ISA jointly with, or on behalf of, anyone else.

Information about ISAs for those aged under 18 and the options available when you reach 18
Information about moving abroad

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>