Individual Savings Accounts (ISAs)

Where do I get an ISA?

You can get ISAs by going to an ISA manager. These include banks, building societies, National Savings and Investments, some supermarkets and retailers, friendly societies, insurance companies, unit and investment trust companies, financial advisers, fund supermarkets and stockbrokers. Your ISA manager will look after your account for you.

ISA managers will give you details of the ISAs they offer and may provide advice about which one would be right for you. (Not every ISA manager will offer every type of ISA.) Alternatively, you could go to an independent financial adviser for help in choosing the best option. The Financial Services Authority’s booklet ‘The FSA guide to financial advice’ gives more information. You can get it by calling the FSA Consumer Helpline on 0845 606 1234 (calls are charged at local rates) or from their website at Financial Services Authority.

Simply apply to the ISA manager of your choice. You could visit a branch, or write to them. Some companies allow you just to telephone, fax or e-mail.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>