Disciplinary, Dismissal & Grievance Procedures

Guidance for employers

Modified procedure

In general, the standard grievance procedure will apply even after the employee has left your organisation. However there is a shorter procedure that can be used when the aggrieved employee is no longer working for the employer and:

Both parties agree in writing that it should apply; or

It is not reasonably practicable for one or other party to carry out the standard procedure. For example if one of them has left the country for an extended period.

The two steps are:

  1. The ex-employee sends a written statement of grievance to his former employer
  2. The employer writes back to the ex-employee giving his response to the points raised.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>