HP Smart Business Awards for UK’s Emerging Businesses
Award entries now open as HP celebrates the best entrepreneurs and growth companies
HP has announced the first HP Smart Business Awards as part of its commitment to support small and mid sized business innovation and growth in the UK.
The annual awards will celebrate the best achievements of the UK’s small and medium sized businesses. Each of the seven award categories will recognise a different area of business, with winners picking up HP kit, winners rights and a package of business support services. One business will also be awarded the overall title of HP Smart Business of the Year 2012.
HP is continually supporting emerging companies through its SMEngage program announced in early 2012 and the LinkedIn Business Answerscommunity where HP is committed to developing and maintaining a small business community that can learn from one another and collaborate to further grow their businesses.
“We are delighted to announce the opening of these awards, HP is keen to promote all the fantastic work SME’s have been doing in the UK, especially during these tough economic times,”
said Susan Bowen, HP UK&I Director of Strategy.
“SME’s are the engine of growth and innovation for UK economy and we will be rewarding the best in the sector every year and we will be there to support them every step of the way.”
Businesses winning the category awards will receive an individual award trophy and logo, an HP product bundle (laptop, printer and relevant software) and a LinkedIn Pro account. The winner of the HP Smart Business Award of the Year will receive business mentoring from HP advisors and a branding consultant where the winner will receive expert advice on how to develop and grow their business. The overall winner will also be rewarded with a place on a Santander Breakthrough Trade Mission – activity which will help the winning business to develop a strategy for international trade. More information on the programme can be found at www.SantanderBreakthrough.co.uk.
The award categories are:
- Social Media – For the small business that has demonstrated an innovative use of social media to promote a brand, product or service
- Global Reach – This award will honour the business which demonstrates an understanding of what it means to be a global player
- Next Generation – This award will celebrate successful business owners aged 25 or below who have driven innovation forward against the odds
- Community Support – This award will honour the business making a measurable difference to their local economy or community
- Manufacturing Innovation – This award looks to celebrate the business, whether small-scale start-up or long-standing company, that has displayed innovation in UK manufacturing
- Green Award, sponsored by AMD – This award will commend the business that has operated with a positive environmental attitude over the last 12 months
- Use of Mobile – This award will honour the business that displays the ability to think differently and can demonstrate the most innovative use of mobile devices to promote or sell a product or service.
- The HP Smart Business Award.- The award for the HP Smart Business of the year 2012 will reward the business that has excelled across the board, delivering exceptional performance and results
The Judging Panel includes:
- Susan Bowen, HP UK&I Director of Strategy
- Rebecca Shears, HP Marketing Director
- Emma Jones, Owner, Enterprise Nation
- John Williams, Head of Breakthrough, Santander and
- Iain Bristow, Country Marketing & PR Manager – UK&I, AMD
Other names to be confirmed.
Entries are now open! Closing date is 29th June 2012 so please make sure you don’t miss the deadline.
It’s easy to enter, just go to http://www.hpsmartbusinessawards.com/, select a category and explain in 250 words why your business should win and visit our LinkedIn Business Answers page where you can get guidance on putting the best award entry together. Good luck!
The award ceremony is being held on 10th July 2012. Details coming soon.