100Mb Fibre Rolled-out to Small Businesses Outside London
Slough, Reading and Croydon now included as part of Easynet Connect’s ongoing rollout of affordable fibre internet access across the UK
Easynet Connect, one of the UK’s leading providers of quality connectivity and internet access for small-to-medium size businesses (SMEs), has announced that its Easynet Connect Fibre internet access service is now available to businesses outside central London from under £20 a day.
Initially launched to London businesses in January 2010, Easynet Connect Fibre will now bring 100Mbps fibre broadband to businesses in and around Slough, Reading and Croydon. The business grade fibre internet access delivers an uncontended, reliable and high-speed connection and comes bundled with EtherStream, Easynet Connect’s up to 40Mbps of leased line equivalent copper-based service, as a back-up line absolutely free.
Neil Gallagher, Sales Director, Easynet Connect, explains:
“Smaller businesses are the lifeblood of our economy, so it’s important for them to be able to achieve the same speed, reliability and quality typically only available to much larger companies at a much higher price. Our fibre offering gives SMEs the opportunity to take advantage of high speed access to cloud computing services and CRM systems without jeopardising the performance of the network and therefore interrupting core business functions.”
As an Easynet Connect product, the high quality service will give businesses 100% availability and a target fix time of 9 hours. Customers will also have access to Easynet Connect’s market leading customer service and support, including 24/7 network monitoring, a UK-based call centre, a dedicated account manager and a 95% First Time Fix rate (whereby 95% of all issues are fixed after the first call to customer services).
- 100 Mbps connection available from under £20 a day*
- 45 working day installation, subject to survey
- A 100Mbps connection would currently enable:
- A SME to move all of its entire applications to cloud solutions (such as Google Apps, Salesforce etc.) without any noticeable impact on their internet performance
- The upload of a 1Gb design file in just a few minutes
- Support for organisations with a number of remote staff accessing email, downloading files and browsing the internet from outside of the office
- A strong foundation for all software development
- Easynet Connect Fibre runs using Easynet’s existing POP and exchange footprint
- Previous industry firsts from the Easynet stable include being the first ISP to offer broadband services outside the BT network in 2001 (as part of the national Local Loop Unbundling project); the first to offer 8Mbps services in 2002; up to 40Mbps service in 2008 and 20-day installation times in 2008.