Many businesses are preparing for tough times ahead. But there is real help available now to keep business fighting fit. Businesses are being urged to take advantage of a range of business support packages on offer to help them through the economic downturn as part of a public information campaign being launched today.
The campaign, which will feature print, radio and online advertisements, has been launched to promote the new Real Help for Businesses Now guide (263K PDF) on the Business Link website – bringing together support from across Government in one easy-to-access place.
Business Secretary Peter Mandelson said:
"Businesses do not face this recession alone. I want to ensure that businesses know how to access the support they need to weather the current global economic storm and emerge from it stronger.
"That’s why the Government is today launching a campaign to raise awareness of the real help available – including business finance and advice about business planning and cash flow and help managing tax bills."
Businesses can find out how to:
- Access business loans and long term finance help.
- Manage cashflow.
- Get a business "health check".
- Reduce waste and save money.
- Get time to pay tax bills.
- Get funding to support training, improve staff skills, recruitment and advice on managing or avoiding redundancy.
- Deal with staff restructures and other major business changes.
For more information and to find out about the support available go to www.businesslink.gov.uk/realhelp or call 0845 600 9006