Firms called on to nominate best advisers
Small firms that have received exceptional support from business advisers can reward their helper by nominating them for the UK Enterprise Support awards.
The awards are hosted by SFEDI, the Government’s standard setting body for business support, and seek to acknowledge the individuals or organisations that have given the most support to small businesses. Winners will receive press coverage.
Award categories include:
- Enterprise Support Professional — for advisers and mentors
- Professional Service Provider — for accountants, bankers and consultants
- Buddy — for a family member, friend or other unpaid volunteer
- Builder of Enterprise Support Networks — for networks, clubs and communities
- Financial services industry product or programme for start–up
- Overall UK Champion Enterprise Supporter 2008.
There is also an award category, the Business or Social Enterprise Owner, for the small firm that best supports other small businesses through their products, programmes or services.
To nominate business advisers, firms need to download an application form from the SFEDI website. Small firms nominating individuals or organisations must explain why the nominee has gone ‘beyond the call of duty’ to support small businesses, and include a case study that demonstrates their involvement.
The awards will be presented in London on 16 April 2009. The deadline for nominations is 30 January 2009.
For more information and to nominate an individual or an organisation for the awards, visit the SFEDI website