Businesses Waste 29% of their Paper
Did you know that the average UK worker prints 38 pages per day with 11 of those pages being wasteful?
Did you know that the average UK worker prints 38 A4 pages per day with 11 of those pages being pointlessly printed? That’s according to a study by Lexmark.
With an average of 232 working days each year every worker would print out around 8816 pages of which approximately 2552 pages would be wasted.
A ream of paper is 500 sheets and a box of paper holds 5 reams, so that’s a whole big box of paper wasted per employee per year. That’s a lot of paper wasted and although it may not sound like much in financial terms, with "reasonable" prices to be had on printer paper these days, but money saved is added to a business’s bottom line and could improve profits or be better invested elsewhere.
Business tips for not wastin paper include:
- Don’t print unless absolutely necessary
- Use "Print Preview" to ensure you make economical prints
- Print on both sides of the paper wherever possible (duplex printing)
- Reduce page margins & alsoline spacing from double to 1.5
- Turn off printers when not in use
Figures for London offices alone estimate a total usage of 3.25 million tons of paper per year; that’s 94,250 million tons of paper wasted.