September 17-21 sees “Water at Work Week” to remind businesses that excessive water usage can hit their bottom line.
The campaign urges UK small business to review their water usage and to play their part in making an estimated annual national saving of £507 million by taking some simple steps to ensure efficiency.
Envirowise make the following recommendations for businesses to get involved:
- Ensure board-level go-ahead.
- Collect all company water data – bills, meter readings & flow rates
- Check your business premises for water leaks
- Check the source and discharge routes for all your business’s water processes
- Make a plan to target areas of high and unnecessary water usage.
To assist in these simple steps to cut business costs, improve profits and lessen environmental impact, there are a number of online tools & resources available at http://www.envirowise.gov.uk/water with the business case for looking at your company’s water usage being of particular interest to owners/managers.